Sunday, March 05, 2006

Brokeback Plot

Uhm, none. Well, okay, they love each other and it's not going to work out for them to be together. I finally saw Brokeback Mountain and I loved the scenery, I loved looking at the movie's two handsome stars and it didn't bother me that they loved looking at each other. But somewhere in the second half while I was marveling at how they'd made the characters age, I realized I wasn't paying attention to the story anymore. That's because there wasn't one. At least not much of one. Great acting though. I'm sure it will win lots of prizes tonight but I wouldn't vote for it. Of course I'm one of the few who loved The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou. I can't be trusted.

1 comment:

Joel said...

I don't think you were the only one. I think a lot of people were really hoping the film were better, but I heard many complaints about the second half of the movie.

Apparently a lot of those complaints came from people with Oscar votes.

And there's nothing wrong with Life Aquatic, though it was no Rushmore.