Sunday, February 19, 2006

Join A Book Club

Today is book club promotion day here at my blog. I'm having a lot of fun with my online book club facilitated by Tampa Book Buzz. Anybody can join and obviously, you don't have to live in Tampa. So Alison? How about it? We read a wide variety of books. This month it's "Cell" by Stephen King. March is "Wicked" by Gregory Maguire, April is "Saturday" by Ian McEwan, May is "The Year of Magical Thinking," by Joan Didion, and June is "Maps for Lost Lovers" by Nadeem Aslam. If you live in Tampa and meeting in person is more your style, you don't have to wait for an invite from somebody else's club. You can join a book group at Barnes & Noble. I found out about that when South Tampa B&N picked my novel, "Parvenue Throws A Party" as the March choice for its women's fiction group. I'll be visiting the group for discussion on March 28th. Get busy reading, people. At the very least you can read during commercials while you're watching Lost on TV.

1 comment:

lisa said...

Congratulations on having your book chosen as a B&N book club pick! Thanks for the plug for TBB's book club (and for all the good books you recommend).