Sunday, January 22, 2006

It's like Christmas all over again

I get a new water heater. Yay me. I'm so proud of the plumbing profession. It only took them three experts and most of a week to figure out that my old water heater was leaking. So I'm getting a new one. And that's not all. I'm getting new wood floors too. Hurray! I love to move all of my furniture to the back of the house for three weeks. And as the icing on the cake, we get to repair the hole in the outside of the house made when the plumbers thought that it was the line to my hose bib that was leaking. Maybe I'll paint the patch red and green. To be fair, I must explain that my old water heater was hidden behind a fake wall under my stairs. Hopefully home builders these days are smarter about where these things are located. It was the eldest of the plumbers who guessed almost immediately that it was our water heater under the stairs causing our problem. I wish he had been the first to arrive.

No comments: