Sunday, January 22, 2006

Four Tagged Too

Because I always do as I'm told... four jobs you've had in your life: lawyer, writer, very bad secretary, bookstore clerk four movies you could watch over and over: White Christmas (oh shut up), any Lord of the Rings, The Shining, The Wizard of Oz four places you've lived: Portland (OR), Washington, D.C., London, Tampa four tv shows you love to watch: Lost, 24, The Office, any Law & Order four places you've been on vacation: Poland, France, Africa, St. Lucia four websites you visit daily: Sticks of Fire, Tampa Book Buzz, TampaBLAB, The Mommy Blog four of your favorite foods: Gyros, sushi, anything Thai, everything chocolate four places you'd rather be right now: London, St. Lucia, Roy's (yes, the restaurant), NYC

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where in Washington DC did you live and what would you recommend at Roy's?

-Ben

Wendy Boucher said...

Ben-

I lived just north of Dupont Circle on Kalorama. Loved it. I spent Sunday mornings reading the Post at the National Zoo.

Did you or do you live in D.C.?

When at Roy's, I almost always order their Surf Combo -- two of that day's special fish. Always divine.

Anonymous said...

I don't live there, but I visited recently and will go back again, I loved the city, the efficient Metro system and the overall feel that it gave off.

If I hadn't been going to school and a good job down here in Tampa, I think I would have just stayed.

Perhaps when I graduate I will try for a position at CNN's Washington Bureau or something cool like that.

Do you have any suggestions for what I should check out when I go back to DC in the near future?

Wendy Boucher said...

One unforgetable experience is to sit in on the Supreme Court. They used to let you rotate in and out every 15 minutes or something as a spectator. I also like the Library of Congress buildings. Otherwise I can spend days in the Smithsonian Museums and all the other usual tourist stuff. Even a White House tour is worth it (even for us Dems).

Anonymous said...

I was a big fan of the East Market. There was a lot of interesting stuff for sale.