Friday, October 21, 2005

Could you hear me over in Brandon?

I'd like to think it's one of those "When E.F. Hutton talks, people listen" phenomenons but really it's one of those, "wow, you have a really loud voice" kind of situations. I go to writer's conferences and the like since I am, in fact, a writer. Invariably, I'll introduce myself to someone at one of those nice receptions that they have in the evening and that person will say, "I know who you are, I heard you talking at lunch." Huh? I don't know why I'm always surprised. I think I just get even more wound up than usual when I'm in a crowd. I am attending a conference this weekend in Tampa and already it's been pointed out to me that I have a lot of energy. An interesting comment subject to several interpretations, I know. I choose to take it as a compliment. I love what I do and that makes me both good at it and loud about it. But I promise to keep it down after 11:00 pm.

No comments: